On April 30, 2019, we officially became BikeVentura, as recognized by the State of California. Founded as VCCOOL more than a decade ago, we’re proud to bear a name that truly suits our mission, and we are grateful for all the hard work that went into VCCOOL. This has been a long time coming from the pop-up HUBs in 2007 to the “new” shop at 490 N. Ventura Avenue and our enormous growth over the last three years.
2019 has been BIG and we’re only half-way through
- Taught over 1,000 kids in Ventura County how to ride safely including partnering with 3 middle schools for week-long riding education for over 900 students
- 136 helmets distributed
- 6 Bike Valets at local events
- 19 Community Bike Rides including family-friendly rides, 30 miles Fridays, Brew Rides, and more
- 20 Coffee Outsides (Join us on Thursdays!)
- 3 Ride Ready Classes
- 17 Business members
- 252 BikeVentura memberships
- Participated in 3 Advocacy events including National Bike Summit, Ventura City Council meetings, and community council meetings
- 10 HUB community events including music shows, films, and talks
- 30 Volunteer nights, averaging 8 volunteers a night
- Opened the Oxnard Community Action HUB and even expanded to TWO days a week!
Take a look through BikeVentura history: